PE & Sport Premium
For information about our PE and Sport funding allocation for 2017/18 and the impact that our funding had in 2016/17, please click on the links below:
PE & Sport Premium Allocation Report 2017-18
PE & Sport Premium Impact Report 2016-17
Sport and PE
At St Michael with St John, we believe that School Sport and Physical Education is essential in developing healthy, motivated, confident and physically competent children. We believe it is important to support pupils to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding through a range of physical activities whilst promoting a positive attitude towards a healthy lifestyle.
Please see the Pupil Premium and PE/Sport Premium page to view our PE and Sport funding allocation for 2016/17 and the impact that our funding had in 2015/16.
- Motivate and challenge pupils.
- Enable pupils to develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and coordination.
- Encourage pupils to work and play with others in a range of group situations, developing the importance of team sports.
- Develop the way in which pupils perform skills and apply rules and conventions for different activities.
- Show pupils how to improve the quality of their performance and make progress.
- Develop an understanding in pupils of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate their own success.
- Help pupils to understand the importance of physical activity in leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Develop pupils’ enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to experience and enjoy competitive sports.
During 2015/16, a selection of classes had the chance to work with a gymnast during their PE lessons. Children learnt how to: move across a space, jump, turn and safely use equipment around the hall. The children at the end of their lessons have all been able to preform their own gymnastic sequence in pairs or small groups.
During 2016/17 every class will have the opportunity to work with a gymnastics specialist for one hour a week for a half term. We have also been able to offer an after-school gymnastics club.