Year 4 Badgers
Welcome to the Badgers class page!
Hello and welcome to the Badgers webpage. This year Miss Priestley will be teaching the Badgers, supported by Miss Valimulla, Mrs Malik and Mrs Hester. Although the children will be working very hard this year, they will also be learning many fun and interesting facts and skills which will stay with them forever.
This webpage is here to help you find out all the information you need to know about what the children in Year 4 Badgers will be learning this term. A good idea is to use this as a reference point to make discussions with your child about what they have been learning at school.
This term our English will be taught through the theme 'The Great Plague'. As part of our non-fiction unit, we will be looking at Newspapers. We will be using the book 'The Fairy Tale Times' to understand the purpose and features of Newspaper, and to support us when writing our own Newspaper reports. For our fiction unit, we will be exploring Fairy Tales looking at the story 'The Pied Piper' and 'Puss in Boots'. Like with all text types we will begin by identifying the features and unpicking any new vocabulary of the text to then create our own Fairy Tale. Throughout this term we will focus our reading onexploring the meaning of key vocabulary in the context of the text and will also apply our handwriting skills daily.
* How sound travels to our ear.
* How sound is made by vibrations.
* How the size of the vibrations effects the pitch of a sound.
* What is meant by 'environment'.
* How much waste/rubbish do we all produce.
* Could more waste be reused or recycled.
* What were the Plague Pits.
* What was the Plague and why was it a problem.
* Why did the Plague spread so quickly.
Useful websites you may want to visit: