Year 4 Badgers
Welcome to the Badgers class page!
Hello and welcome to the Badgers webpage. This year Miss Priestley will be teaching the Badgers, supported by Miss Valimulla, Mrs Malik and Mrs Hester. Although the children will be working very hard this year, they will also be learning many fun and interesting facts and skills which will stay with them forever.
This webpage is here to help you find out all the information you need to know about what the children in Year 4 Badgers will be learning this term. A good idea is to use this as a reference point to make discussions with your child about what they have been learning at school.
This term our English will be taught through the theme 'The Art of Food'. We will be using the story 'The Balaclava Boy' which looks at 'issues and dilemmas' and this will support us to write our own issues and dilemmas story. For our non-fiction unit, we will be exploring persuasion and focusing on how persuasion is used in adverts to support us in writing a persuasive piece of work. Throughout this term we will focus our reading onexploring the meaning of key vocabulary in the context of the text and will also apply our handwriting skills daily.
* The simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans.
* Different teeth and their functions.
* Food chains
* How to keep teeth and gums healthy.
* Different artists and craftspeople.
* Creating textures with charcoal, pencil, crayon and pastels.
* Developing 2-D drawing to 3-D drawing and sculptures.
* Data handling using different databases and spreadsheets.
* Images and texts using PowerPoint.
Useful websites you may want to visit: