The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
Advice for Parents / Carers
You should not be unduly worried about the possibility of your children catching the Coronavirus. However, the following advice should be followed:
- If you have returned from the following areas since February 19, call NHS111 to inform them of your recent travel, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms:Iran
- Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy* as designated by the Government of Italy: In the Lombardy Region: Bertonico; Casalpusterlengo; Castelgerundo; Castiglione D'Adda; Codogno; Fombio; Maleo; San Fiorano; Somaglia; and Terranova dei Passerini
- In the Veneto Region: Vo
- A map has been published to help detail the relevant areas.
- Daegu or Cheongdo (Republic of Korea)
- Hubei province, China (returned in the past 14 days)
2. If you have returned from the following areas since February 19th:
- Northern Italy (see map)
Or If you have returned to the UK from any of the following areas in the last 14 days:.
- Other parts of China outside Hubei province
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
You should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS111 only if you develop symptoms.
Information for the public: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public