Year 4 Eagles
Year 4 Home Learning WC 7th December 2020
Please click on the links to access your learning for the week.
Please complete the lessons 6 -10 on Journalistic writing based on Fairy Tales.
Please click on the Maths link to access your Maths learning for the week. You should complete lessons 11-15 from the unit, multiplication and division. Please ensure you complete all work in your home learning books and bring back the first day you are due back in school for it to be marked.
You must complete at least 15 minutes of reading plus and 15 minutes of TT Rockstars per day!
If you have any concerns then please contact me on the message button below.
Welcome to the Year 4 Eagles!
My name is Mrs Royle and I am delighted to be teaching the Year 4 Eagles this year. Miss Vallimulla will also be helping us in Year 4. At the bottom of our class page, you will find lots of important information such as our class bulletin, homework grid, curriculum overview and lots of useful websites to support learning.
* PE - Our PE day is Friday, at present, children can come to school in their PE kits. This should be PE t.shirts, school sweatshirts and black, grey or blue jogging suit bottoms or leggings.
* School Library - The Eagles are timetabled to visit the school library every Tuesday lunchtime. Don't forget to pick up a loyalty card for the chance to win a new book from the SMSJ bookshop!
* Homework is given out every Thursday and should be returned on Monday. All children have a homework book with a homework grid for the half term. Homework includes: home reading (3 parent signatures required), spellings (test every Monday), TTRockstars and one other piece to be completed.
* Music We are very lucky to have the Bolton music service in this year to teach us drumming.
Our value this half term is Peace. Don't forget to complete your values task at home - it could be included on our next newsletter!
This half term, we will be learning about ‘The Great Plague’
We will be learning some ‘Classic Poetry’, studying ‘Fairy Tales’ and also creating ‘Newspaper Reports’ .
Throughout these genres, we will be reading, analysing, writing and innovating our own work.
This half term we will be covering the following areas in our Maths lessons:
· Addition and Subtraction
· Multiplication and Division
Our Topic work will link with history about the great plague, art sketching skulls, and Geography recycling.
Our Science unit is sound and we will be learning how we hear different sounds.
In R.E. we will be developing our knowledge of how important Light in Religion is through different faiths.
This Half term our value is 'Fairness'
In English we will be looking at explanation texts based around how things work then studying The Fire Makers Daughter by Phillip Pullman
This half term we will be covering place value, rounding numbers and addition and subtraction in our Maths lessons:
In Science we will be learning how electricity works, creating circuits and also considering Health and Safety aspects for electricity.
Our Topic work will link with the electricity studied in Science and will be developed to design and produce ’ Light Boxes’ in D.T.
In R.E. we will be developing our knowledge of the Hindu religion by studying 'What it means to be a Hindu in Britain today'.
Our Class Library
Half Term Bulletins
Autumn 2 Spellings
Autumn 1 Spellings