Year 4 Badgers
Welcome to the Year 4 Badgers!
My name is Mrs Royle and I am delighted to be teaching the Year 4 Badgers this year. Mrs Patel will also be helping us in Year 4. At the bottom of our class page, you will find lots of important information such as our class bulletin, homework grid, curriculum overview and lots of useful websites to support learning.
* PE - Our PE day is Wednesday, however, it is important that PE kits are in school at all times.
* School Library - The Badgers are timetabled to visit the school library every Tuesday lunchtime. Don't forget to pick up a loyalty card for the chance to win a new book from the SMSJ bookshop!
* Homework is given out every Thursday and should be returned on Monday. All children have a homework book with a homework grid for the half term. Homework includes: home reading (3 parent signatures required), spellings (test every Monday), TTRockstars and one other piece to be completed.
* Music We are very lucky to have the music service from Blackburn with Darwen in this year to teach us drumming.
Our value this half term is Tolerance. Don't forget to complete your values task at home - it could be included on our next newsletter!
This half term, we will be learning... ‘The Great Plague’
We will be learning some ‘Classic Poetry’, studying ‘Fairy Tales’ and also creating ‘Newspaper Reports’ .
Throughout these genres, we will be reading, analysing, writing and innovating our own work.
This half term we will be covering the following areas in our Maths lessons:
· Addition and Subtraction
· Multiplication and Division
Our Topic work will link with history about the great plague, art sketching skulls, and Geography recycling.
Our Science unit is sound and we will be learning how we hear different sounds.
In R.E. we will be developing our knowledge of how important Light in Religion is through different faiths.
Year 4 Curriculum Overview
Bulletin Autumn 2
Homework Grid Autumn 2
Autumn 1 Bulletin
Autumn 1 Homework Grid