PE & Sports Premium
Sport and PE
At St Michael with St John, we believe that School Sport and Physical Education is essential in developing healthy, motivated, confident and physically competent children. We believe it is important to support pupils to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding through a range of physical activities whilst promoting a positive attitude towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Motivate and challenge pupils.
- Enable pupils to develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and coordination.
- Encourage pupils to work and play with others in a range of group situations, developing the importance of team sports.
- Develop the way in which pupils perform skills and apply rules and conventions for different activities.
- Show pupils how to improve the quality of their performance and make progress.
- Develop an understanding in pupils of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate their own success.
- Help pupils to understand the importance of physical activity in leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Develop pupils’ enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to experience and enjoy competitive sports.
Sports & PE Premium
For information about our PE and Sport funding allocation for 2023/24 and the impact that our funding had in 2022/23, please click on the links below: