St Michael with St John Church of England Primary School takes seriously its duty contained in the Counter Terrorism and Security Act (2015), to prevent pupils and those working in school from being radicalised or drawn into extremism. We will follow the advice contained within the new statutory guidance on the legal duty set out in the ‘Prevent Duty Guidance: For England and Wales (2015)’ in conjunction with the other duties which we already have for keeping pupils safe.
- To prevent pupils and those working in school from being radicalised and drawn into extremism.
- To take appropriate action to protect children from harm.
- To be alert to harmful behaviour by other adults.
- To ensure that pupils use the internet safely and to encourage parents to be alert and vigilant to the dangers their children might face.
- To ensure that staff and pupils report any concerns to the Headteacher immediately.
- To build strong links with appropriate outside agencies so that where the school needs specialist help and support it will be activated promptly.