Team Leader (TLR) - September 2022
Job Title: Team Leader (TLR)
Location: St Michael with St John CE Primary School, Blackburn, BB1 6LE
Grade and Salary: MPS/UPS with TLR 2.1
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
To Start: September 2022
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and well-organised Team Leader to join our happy and well supported team. The successful candidate will be an exceptional teacher who is able to lead a phase team by example, along with playing a strategic role within the leadership team of the school. This will be in either KS1 or Y3/4, depending on skills and experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has the drive, inspiration and talent to make a real and lasting impact in the role of Team Leader.
We would love you to take a look on our website www.smsjbwd.co.uk that provides lots of information about our school. We would also be delighted to show you around to see our school in action. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged from any interested candidates. School visits have been organised for the following dates / times:
- Friday 6th May: either 9.30 am or 2.30 pm
- Tuesday 10th May: 3.45 pm
- Wednesday 11th May: 2.30 pm
The successful candidate will have the following key qualities and skills:
- Be committed to SMSJ’s Christian vision and values.
- Have enthusiasm, drive and commitment to the children and families of SMSJ.
- Have an excellent general knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching practice with high expectations of children and staff.
- Have the ability to lead and motivate a phase team.
- Have the ability to monitor the effectiveness of provision throughout their phase.
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to lead a subject area/s throughout the school (to be determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and skills).
- Be a solution focused, adaptable, positive leader and commitment to work as part of a team.
- QTS is essential with a minimum of 3 years teaching experience and current experience of teaching in a primary school.
In return we can offer:
- A warm and welcoming school environment.
- A wonderfully appointed school and classrooms with excellent facilities and resources.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are a pleasure to teach and whose behaviour is continually celebrated by both us and visitors to our school.
- Excellent leadership support and mentoring.
- Support for your continued professional development e.g. NPQ / other.
- An opportunity to work with highly skilled, dedicated staff.
- The opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, professional learning team.
- Opportunities to partner with other schools.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
St Michael with St John CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
For further information and to arrange a visit to our school, please contact Sarah Murphy (Headteacher) on 01254 665190 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th May 2022 (applications by noon)
Shortlisting: Wednesday 18th May 2022
Observations & Interviews: w/c 23rd May 2022